Rates from 11th December 2016 – 10th December 2017
|Room Type||Rack Rate per person sharing per night
||Rack rate per Single person per night|
|7 Private Luxury Suites||R 3,250.00||R 3,850.00|
Valid 1st May
to 10th August 2017Pay for 2 nights and get last night for free
|R 3,450.00||R 3,850.00|
|Rates for children 8 – 12 years
No children under 8 years allowed
|Exclusive use:||R 45,000.00 pd|
|Conservation Levy :||R37.00 per person per day|
*Please note that Nambiti Plains is not a fenced camp therefore we only accept children from 8 years of age.
Exclusive use of the Lodge
- Rates quoted are inclusive of vat at 14%
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
Please contact us on 071 680 4584 for rates and availability.
Check in and Check Out
- Check In is at 12h00.
- Check Out is at 10h00.
(our vehicle will transfer you to your car)
- Private deck with views of the Nambiti Plains
- Spacious bathrooms with Bath and open showers as well as twin basins
- Outside showers in the three Luxury Honeymoon Suites
- Comfortable XL King or Twin Beds covered by canopy mosquito nets
- Tea and Coffee station
- Mini Bar (for guests own account)
- Full Board (Breakfast Lunch and/or High Tea and Dinner)
- Two Game Drives daily
- Accommodation in a Private Luxury Suite
- Tea, coffee, fruit juice during the day and one glass of House Wine at Dinner
- Morning coffee or tea and a sundowner drink per person per Game Drive as well as snacks on drive
- Purified water in flasks the rooms
- 250MB Wi-Fi per guest
- Lunch on arrival day – can be booked at an additional cost (but High Tea will be served)
- Alternative activities (i.e. Battlefield tours, Fishing and Bush Walks – subject to availability)
- Bar items and cold drinks
- Curio shop sales
- Transfers to and from other Lodges and major cities
- Rhino conservation Levy
Please take note:
- Nambiti Plains is a malaria-free area
- Check-in is from 12h00
- Please when traveling take into account that game drives usually starts at 3:30pm on your day of arrival and that very late arrivals could possibly miss the first game drive.
- Lunch is not included on day of arrival but can be booked at an additional cost and is served between 13h30 to 14h30, however a small High Tea will be served.
- Provisional bookings are held for 5 days before being released. Proof of payment is accepted as confirmation of the reservation.
- Extras to be settled upon departure at the Lodge and may be settled by cash, Master or Visa card only.
- We do not accept Diners, American express, debit cards and cheques.
- Please contact the Lodge when passing Ladysmith as to avoid a waiting period of 20 minutes upon arrival as the Lodge is situated a distance from the gate.
Payment and Reservation arrangements
Nambiti Plains requires a 50% deposit in order to secure a booking. Please note that we require additional information such as:
- All guest’s names
- Dietary requirements, allergies, etc
- Arrival time and a contact number while travelling
Account Name: Desert Star Trading
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 045626
Account type: Cheque
Account number: 042936403
VAT Number: 464 024 8581
Account Name: Desert Star Trading
Bank: Standard Bank
PO Box 85, KwazuluNatal, 3600
51 Old Main Road, Pinetown
Account type: Cheque
Swift Code: SBZAZAJJ
Account Number: 042936403
All payments by agents/operators for accommodation to be made via electronic bank transfer
Agents/operators must issue Nambiti Plains Lodge with a Tax Invoice for the commission amounts on accommodation for vat purposes.
Rates are inclusive of 14% vat and subject to change without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions:
International bank transfers for amounts totaling less than R25 000 will incur an additional R125 bank surcharge – amounts totaling more than R25 000 will incur a surcharge of 0.5% of the accommodation amount.
Cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival: 10% of the full accommodation charge
Cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival: 50% of the full accommodation charge
Cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival: 100% of the full accommodation charge
We require written confirmation for all cancellations (email or fax).
Nambiti Plains consists of 7 Private Thatched Luxurious Suites; two sets of which can be booked as family suites (accommodate 4 people.) The Suites utilized as family units consist of one building, a common entrance leading to two separate and private rooms; a solid packed stone wall divides the two rooms. All suites have private verandas fitted with a table and two chairs as well as two sun loungers. Each suite come as an XL King but can also be accommodated as 2 ¾ size twin beds. We regret we cannot accommodate triple rooms.
Overhead fans; hairdryers; limited cell phone coverage; internet facilities available in the Lodge; Canopy mosquito nets; mini bar; tea and coffee facilities; laundry facilities (at additional cost); bath tubs; indoor showers; outdoor showers (Honeymoon Suites only). The rooms also offer twin basin facilities, deck loungers and additional seating.
Our swimming pool at the Lodge has wrap around decks and overlooks our waterhole.
Lounge chairs and bar facilities are available
Bush walks, swimming in the Sundays River; scenic flights via light aircraft; tours of the battlefields (full day tours can be arranged); catch & release fishing in the reserve dams, spa and massage treatments with a sister lodge – all alternative activities must be arranged prior to arrival and is not included in your tariff.
Please note we can arrange:
Please contact us should you require a road transfer from Johannesburg/Durban/Ladysmith airports; we will be happy to arrange a transfer with an outsourced operator; however, we do recommend you investigate car rental in terms of cost implications.
• Any additional bookings that you may require.
Walking trails are available at the Lodge but subject to availability. The following packages are available:
• R350pp – 3 hour walk
• R 750pp – 6 hour walk
We regret no children under the age of 16 years my join on the walks. Guests older than 65 years old, require doctor’s certificate of good health. Walks are limited to a maximum of 4 guests per guide based on legal requirements. Pre-booking is required.
Please note that Nambiti Plains is not fenced in and therefore animals will potentially move through the camp. For this reason, Nambiti Plains regret that we do not accommodate children under the age of 8 years.
Children between 8– 12 years pay a rate of R 2,200.00 per person per night. Please note that children paying the child rate will be offered a “kiddies menu”.
Guests are required to check out by 10h00 on day of departure – our vehicle will transfer you to the gate at 10h15
Weather and Clothing:
Clothing should be comfortable and durable, cool cottons are ideal. Neutral colors are preferable. An all-weather outdoors or bush jacket should be packed. Sturdy, comfortable, walking boots or track shoes are recommended. In winter ensure you pack for cold conditions – thick jackets, a scarf and beanie is recommended. During summer months, it is important that you bring sun protection.
On arrival at the Gate, you will be required to complete a guest registration/indemnity form. Minors must be signed for by a parent or legal guardian.
Please note that insurance carriers do not allow the distribution of medicines and we therefore highly recommend guests carry the basic requirements as they are not available at the Lodge:
• Headache tablets
• Any allergy medicines that may be required
Nambiti Plains is situated only 28km North of Ladysmith, roughly a 3.5 hour drive from Johannesburg and 2.5 hours from Durban.